What Will You Learn In This Course?
Here's A Quick Overview ...
Hi, I'm Rohit!
I am an author, publisher, marketer and your host for this Non-Obvious Crash Course in Book Publishing & Marketing.
In this course you'll find more than 60 video lessons featuring interviews with publishing industry experts on everything you ever wanted to know about publishing, from finding a publisher to editing to cover design to marketing strategy to printing.
It all started with a wildly ambitious virtual summit we hosted during the pandemic ...
In the middle of 2020, we gathered together more than 15 top experts and asked them to share their best insights about publishing and book marketing. The summit was so popular we decided to expand the series into a full course which is now available for purchase for the first time. This is the only place where you can access all of those videos, as well as dozens more that we recorded over the following three years. When you purchase Lifetime Access, you'll also be able to view ALL future videos that are added to this course.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING ...
- - - -
"Seriously!? That was my first thought when I saw the curriculum for the Non-Obvious Crash Course in Book Publishing. When you hear Crash Course you usually think of a quick and short intro course. This is not that. This is an EVERYTHING-YOU-EVER-WANTED-TO-KNOW-ABOUT BOOK PUBLISHING-AND-MARKETING kind of course.
I'm impressed. Kinda blown away, actually. I sure wish I had something like this twenty years ago when I released my first book."
- - - -
- MICHAEL PORT, NYT, WSJ BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF 9 BOOKS INCLUDING THE MOST RECENT, THE REFERABLE SPEAKER
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING ...
- - - -
"As a first-time author, I'm always hungry for advice. MY GOODNESS, this might be the most powerful set of resources (housed in one place) that I have ever seen. After watching just a few of the videos, I am hooked.
I've never seen anything this comprehensive and top-to-bottom.
If you're an author desperate for down to earth guidance, and you're sick of having to cobble together research yourself, you need to get this course."
- - - -
- HENNA PRYOR, AUTHOR OF GOOD AWKWARD, SPEAKER, EXECUTIVE COACH + WORKPLACE EXPERT
The Videos (So Far!)
- 2A - CC: Introduction to Book Branding & Cover Design (6:51)
- 2B - CC: How to Pick a Cover Designer (4:27)
- 2C - CC: How to Write a Cover Design Brief (8:10)
- 2D - CC: How To Craft the Right Title & Subtitle For Your Non-Fiction Book - COMING SOON!
- 2E - CC: The Best Book Titles of the Year (2020-2022) (13:14)
- 2F - CC: The Best Book Cover Designs of the Year (2020-2022) (13:15)
- 2G - Everything You Should Know About Interior Layout Design - COMING SOON!
- 2H - Designing Books For Children and Young Audiences - COMING SOON!
- 3A - CC: Types of Editors and How to Select the Right One (4:17)
- 3B - CC: How to Structure and Outline Your Nonfiction Book (2:29)
- 3C - CC: How to Create and Use an Editorial Workflow (4:33)
- 3D - How To Find and Work the Best Ghostwriter with Nate Roberson (28:59)
- 3E - How To Work With Sensitivity Readers - COMING SOON!
- 3F - How To Do Research, Citations and Indexing - COMING SOON!
- 3G - How To Write a Novel (Compilation of Advice) - COMING SOON!
- 4A - CC: An Introduction to Book Marketing Strategy (3:21)
- 4B - Case Study: The Non-Obvious Megatrends #1 WSJ Bestseller Book Launch (37:47)
- 4C - How to Make Your Book Marketing Enchanting with Guy Kawasaki (35:24)
- 4D - 1001 Ways to Market Your Book with John Kremer (29:27)
- 4E - CC: Book Awards: Are They Worth the Effort? (4:39)
- 4F - Taking Control of Your Book Marketing with Peter Shankman (16:43)
- 4G - How To Create a Winning Book Marketing Strategy with Clay Hebert (20:43)
- 4H - Using Infomercials To Sell 1 Million Books with Mike Alden (40:52)
- 5A - CC: How to Select the Right PR Team and Strategy (6:16)
- 5B - How to Generate Media and Publicity for Your Book with Mark Fortier (18:31)
- 5C - How To Use Virtual Events & Experiences with Aba Kwawu (18:32)
- 5D - What NY Times Editors Are Looking for in an Op-Ed with Trish Hall (22:41)
- 5E - How Podcasters Decide Which Books to Feature with Douglas Burdett (20:51)
- 5F - How To Write for High Profile Publications with Dorie Clark (27:26)
- 6A - Introduction To Social Media Strategy (5:29)
- 6B - How to Use Social Media to Reach Readers with Laura Gassner Otting (25:45)
- 6C - How to Present Your Book and Get Paid For Keynotes with Michael Port (40:14)
- 6D - CC: Everything You Should Know about Book Websites & Landing Pages - COMING SOON!
- 6E - How to Build Your Personal Brand with Kai D. Wright (19:06)
- 6F - How to Engage Social Media Influencers with Nick Hutchison (18:52)
- 10A - How to Work with Independent Bookstores with Kelly Estep (11:44)
- 10B - How Authors Can Work with Book Festivals with Joy Pope (15:00)
- 10C - Working with Bookshop.org to Sell Books with Andy Hunter (22:21)
- 10D - How To Get Libraries To Carry Your Book - COMING SOON!
- 10E - How To Work With Specialty Retailers To Sell Your Book - COMING SOON!
- 11A - Everything You Need to Know about Audio Books with Tom Webster (23:27)
- 11B - How to Sell Foreign Translation Deals with Marleen Seegers (22:34)
- 11C - How To Narrate Your Own Book with Sean Pratt (30:33)
- 11D - How To Select and Work with a Professional Narrator - COMING SOON!
- 11E - Everything You Need to Know About Video Books - COMING SOON!